Slow mornings // The perfect pancakes

30 October 2016


Oh, how I love these slow mornings. When I leisurely get out of my cosy bed, have nowhere to rush and can take the time for my morning rituals. For those little things that usually there`s not enough time, but that I really enjoy. Enjoy a lot. I love a good cup of my favourite green tea. I love to turn on some chill music and spend time in the kitchen. Of course, not only in the mornings. I love cooking or baking more than anything at any time, but mornings in the kitchen are kind of special. It`s like a true meditation to me, it`s when I do everything very calmly and enjoy every bit of it. I love to arrange my table, to make even a simple breakfast look nice and special to me (honestly, because breakfast like this is a special thing to me, I rarely get to have time for it). 
Mornings like these, spent in the kitchen almost automatically make the day great. It`s like you recharge, get some good vibes, positivity and go on, ready for whatever the day will bring.


These pancakes are one of the best that I`ve tried and they are super simple to make. (The recipe is based on one by Jamie Oliver and it`s a great simple one, that turns out perfect every single time but I just changed a few bits.)

You will need:
  • 3 large eggs
  • 230 g flour
  • 280 ml milk
  • 1 teaspoons baking powder
Separate the egg whites from the yolks. In one bowl, mix together the egg yolks, flour, baking powder and milk. In another bowl, whip the egg whites until they form stiff peaks (it`s best to use an electric mixer - it saves a lot of time). Using a spatula, carefully fold the egg whites into the batter. Mix very gently so you don`t lose the air from the beaten egg whites.
Now it`s time cook them. Put a non-stick pan on a medium - low heat and let it heat up. For these pancakes I don`t use any oil, as far as if the pan is good, they won`t stick at all. When the pan is hot you can start by pouring a ladle of the batter, forming a nice, round pancake and then you want to wait until little bubbles start to show up. Then it`s time to flip the pancake. And once you`ve flipped it, it will take only a few seconds and the pancake is done!


Now let`s talk about the toppings. You can eat these pancakes with literally anything! Seriously. Starting with yoghurt and berries, Nutella, peanut butter, ice cream.... there is sooooo many options. You can also choose some savoury toppings, like hummus, salsa or your favourite kind of cheese. The options are endless and depend only on your taste. Try something new every time you make them!
This time I went for maple syrup and some simple caramelised bananas (I melted about 50 grammes of butter in a saucepan, added 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and waited a bit for it to melt. The added three chopped bananas and cooked it for about a minute. And that`s it! Super delicious)


Enjoy the little things. Especially mornings like this.

XOXO

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Bright & Breezy. Design by Fearne.